Missionary

Missionary

Translate

Monday, November 24, 2014

SURPRISE! WRITING A DAY EARLY THIS WEEK!

Hey everyone,

How is everything going on the homeward bound? Everyone reading the scriptures? What has been going on in life? I have had a few cool experiences and some hard ones too.

To start of the week we lost our first investigator. She told us that she prayed and decided the Mormon church wasn't for her anymore, so we sat there and talked to her for like 15 minutes and left her with our testimony and then we had to leave. Even though it was just our teacher it is still hard to say goodbye to an investigator who we have worked so hard on and put so many hours into teaching and who we felt was going along great. Also Saturday we lost our second investigator. It sucked as well, especially because we had already set a baptism date and he was going to church and praying. It seemed like everything was going right then he remembered what his mom said right before she died. She said never switch religions. He was the hardest to see go because of how much progress he made. Once we got back to class though, our teacher threw us a curveball and said we are still going to teach him but it is now going to be like 2 years later and we have to use the notes that another companionship has taken. So it makes it hard because we know how much progress we have done and what we have done, but we have to start from where they are.

The second thing that happened this week was I had to teach a lesson on the Book of Mormon to the whole class. I originally wanted to teach out of the D&C, but I got shot down. So I decided to do a scripture in Alma. It turned out all right. For those of you who want to know the scripture it was the one that says if I could be an angel with a trumpet or something like that. I can't remember the chapter exactly, sorry. That made me think though, if you all were going to teach a lesson for 30 minutes out of the Book of Mormon using one chapter what would it be and why?

Many of you are wondering why I wrote this week and it is because the older elders are leaving tomorrow and we won't have time to be on the computer because we are all going to a big market tomorrow. So we won't even be in the MTC to be able to write. Also we get to go to Wendy's tomorrow so i am pretty darn excited about that. It is kind of hard seeing the older guys go because we have become such good friends and they are just leaving but things change, it will be okay. One cool thing we do when they go to leave is we all sing God Be With You Till We Meet Again to all the older guys the night before. It is such an amazing experience and the Spirit is so strong.

At the market they are going to have awesome scripture cases for pretty cheap. I bought one and it is Bronco colors, so if anyone wants one tell me what kind of scriptures you have and what color and I will try to find it the best I can. I still need people's addresses though so I can send letters and stuff!

Lately I have been missing you guys and someone showed me a scripture. It is D&C 100, it is so cool. I think all of you should read it and let me know what you think. Another cool one to read is D&C 18 and everywhere it says "twelve" replace with missionary and it is way cool to read. I know even though things get hard I will always be comforted and helped and I know this is where i am suppose to be.

I have been writing stuff in my journal and letters and stuff and I keep throwing in Spanish words so it is really weird especially when it is to one of you guys that I am writing. I am writing a lot. I am almost through my 2nd pen which is weird because I never write a lot. Sunday we had some devotionals and I took 10 pages of notes between those, church class and my personal study notes. It is weird to take so many notes, but it is cool to be able to look back at them when I need inspiration or anything.

Now for something i am not so proud of. I lost my temper the other day with a Latino and stormed of and was mad until I went to bed that night and I prayed for comfort, forgiveness, and peace of heart and I got my answer. I know even though things get hard sometimes if you trust in the lord you will be helped. I hummed Primary songs to fall asleep and I felt so much better the next day so it was a relief.

I sent a couple letters out and I was just wondering if anyone has gotten them or not. I know it probably will take until Wednesday but I was not sure so I figured I would ask.

Another cool thing happened Sunday. The 4 Samoans who are here all sang an awesome song. The Spirit was so strong. People were crying and it was just amazing. I don't know what else i could say other than WOW!

So I am wondering how your reading is going and if you guys are reading and praying every day and night. I know it is hard sometimes but you are so blessed if you do and remember to pray before and after your studies. I know sometimes you may not want to but that is Satan getting to you. I know if you do it you will be blessed.

Me and some of the other guys did the Ultimate High Five from How I Met Your Mother. It was awesome and our hands hurt for a good 20 minutes but it was worth it. If you have no idea what I am talking about ask Tyler or Erica and they can tell you!

I love you all so much and thank you for everything you do for me! HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND BLACK FRIDAY TO ALL OF YOU! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you but I will be able to in 2 years so it will be okay, just eat a lot of ham and stuffing for me! Also enjoy your shopping adventures!

One last thought, I was looking through my scriptures and I found a note, it says "What do you want to be remembered for when you are finished". I think we could all use that in everything we do so just remember that and be happy and hard working!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Hummel

P.S. We found out Thursday we get a big Thanksgiving feast for all of us and we get to watch "Meet the Mormons" so we are all pretty excited. I love you all and miss you all!


Taylor's branch at the MTC.

Tay's branch and other branches


No comments:

Post a Comment